Campus Recreation, a department within the Division of Student Affairs, is dedicated to Towson University’s mission of creating a vibrant and healthy campus. We support the success of TU students by providing facilities and programs that promote physical and social benefits. Campus Recreation is currently undergoing an extensive expansion to Burdick Hall that will provide the TU community with increased space for recreational activities within state-of-the-art facilities. The expansion is set for completion in fall 2017.
The vision of Campus Recreation is to be recognized as innovative leaders and providers of dynamic campus recreation programs, services and facilities.
The mission of Campus Recreation is to offer recreational opportunities promoting the development of student leaders and healthy lifestyles through physical activity and experiential education.
OUR CORE VALUES
Everything we do in Campus Recreation, from our programming decisions to the way we operate day-to-day, is driven by our core values, which include:
- Civility and Inclusion: Treating everyone with respect and striving to meet the needs of a diverse campus.
- Integrity: Leading by example by holding ourselves accountable.
- Pride and Excellence: Valuing our achievements while striving for improvement.
- Teamwork: Working toward shared goals through communication and collaboration.
- Safety: Preparing, training, and acting to manage risk.
- Fun: Providing engaging and enjoyable experiences.
Dedicated to student development, education, and research in collegiate recreation, our staff takes pride in our active participation in NIRSA, the national association for recreational professionals.